This section was last updated on 05.08.2016
Our Dedicated staff
The Unit of Health Information was established in June 2011 once the first batch of medical officers who have qualified with MSc in Biomedical Informatics were released from the Postgraduate Institute of Medicine Colombo to the relevant identified institutions..
Currently there is one postgraduate qualified medical officer as In-charge Medical Officer Health Information. There are only two minor employees to assist in computer and network maintenance who were given special training.
Vision:To streamline the adoption and use of Information and Communication Technology to improve the activities of MRI and to promote high quality, cost effective and efficient health services to the satisfaction of all stake holders enabling healthier nation that contribute to its economic, social, mental and spiritual development.
Mission:To adopt Information and Communication Technology (ICT) appropriately in all activities of Medical Research Institute to improve the quality, efficiency, patient privacy and safety, and cost effectiveness of health care thus contributing to achieve the goals set out in the National Health Policy.
Incorporation of ICT in the MRI to maintain & promote the wellbeing of the population, their health , improve the management of human resources, health finance ,resource mobilization, allocation utilization and dissemination of information by proper implementation of eGovernment policy, eHealth Policy, eHealth Strategic Plan and eHealth Standard and guidelines once approved.
1. To comply with the recommended common eHealth architecture of the Health Information Management System to ensure interoperability, efficiency, security, responsiveness and availability.
2. To enable proper ICT Management from the focal point the Health Information Unit of the Ministry of Health/ Department of Health Services and to increase the IT literacy of their staff and also to identify and build a skilled workforce in order to carryout eHealth activities.
3. To facilitate using a dedicated network, allowing them to work collaboratively and to exchange information in an effective manner using this network where applicable.
4. To improve communication through Health web portal which will provide links to authenticated websites and State Healthcare Sector websites which will be inter-operable and be optimized for accessibility and participation of users.
5. To maintain Ethics, Privacy, Confidentiality and Security of Information by providing physical, logical and procedural security measures.
6. To comply with the recommended common electronic data standards to ensure interoperability.
- Medical Officer Health Information :
- Dr Deepaka Sanath Thubellage
MBBS,Dip(NRCPD)Japan, MSc(BMI) Sri Lanka
Officer I/C of the Health Information Unit
2. Two health care assistants
Mr Shiran Thilina
Ms Natasha Saparamadu
Contact us : Tel 0112-693532-34 Ext 123/ 125