Mission, Vision, Values
The heart of our mission is to improve the health of Sri Lankans through world-class medical research so as to achieve the national health goals set by the Ministry of Health. To achieve this, we support research across the biomedical spectrum, from fundamental lab-based science to clinical trials in all major disease areas. We work closely with the Ministry of Health, and give high priority to research that is likely to make a real difference to clinical practice and the health of the population
To be the leading health care education, training and research, institute in the country and to provide the highest quality laboratory testing and expert laboratory diagnosis and consultations to patients institutionally, regionally and nationally.
- Research, Training and Education – Research is crucial for leadership in laboratory medicine; education, training and development is important at all levels of health care personnel .
- Clinical Excellence – We provide comprehensive and high quality laboratory testing in a patient-responsive manner.
- Expert Diagnosis - Diagnoses are provided by sub-specialty experts, and consultation with physicians is important for patient care.
- Continuous Quality Improvement – We are continuously evaluating and implementing the best practices in laboratory testing across the testing spectrum.
- Dedication to our Staff – Our staff are our most valuable resource and are supported and recognized for their accomplishments.
- Innovative Test Development – A continual focus on new test development is important to provide the best capabilities for patient diagnosis.